It has finally started to feel like fall is creeping up in Phoenix. This is good for both me and Adam. For me because I really, really don’t like the summer heat and for Adam because I really, really don’t like the summer heat and I complain about it a lot. I have been trying to keep the complaining to a minimum because it really doesn’t help anything but…every summer I ask him, “Why do we live here again?”
This year I have come up with a list of ways that I know it it almost fall in Phoenix. Maybe it will keep me distracted enough to hold out until it is actually fall for the week before it turns to winter. Or at least until fall break next week when we get to spend some time up in Flagstaff where it is actually fall.
So, without further ado, my top 10 ways o know it is finally fall in Phoenix:
1. You think 97 degrees is a reasonable temperature.
2. Starbucks releases it’s fall drinks, but you have to drink them iced because it’s too hot.
3. You are excited to turn off the air conditioner at night only to have to turn it back on the next morning.
4. You still have firewood from last year. (I think we used our fireplace twice last winter.)
5. The water temperature from the cold side of the sink tap doesn’t start out scalding, maybe just lukewarm.
6. You’re get up early so you can drink your coffee outside without sweating.
7. You don’t have to get out your “winter wardrobe” because the only things that are different are closed toe shoes and maybe a light sweater that you have to wear inside air conditioned buildings in the summer anyway.
8. You still have to put the sunshade up in your car as to not burn your hands on the wheel.
9. The kids start complaining about how cold the pool is while they are swimming (in the mid 70s).
10. You can walk outside barefoot to check the mail, but only after sunset.
If you would like to have a real fall session in Flagstaff next week send us an email or FB message!
What’s your favorite part of fall?